Photo: Illustration by Tony Manfred
The odds of you picking a perfect bracket are almost zero. More specifically, the odds are 35.3 billion to 1 if you pick all the higher seeds, according to the AP. And they are way, way, way higher if you do it by flipping a coin.Here are some things that are more likely to happen:
- Your vote deciding the outcome of a presidential election (60 million to 1)
- Getting struck by lightning a bunch of times (700,000 to 1 odds that you get struck once in a year)
- Getting eaten killed by a shark (~10 million to 1)
- Winning the Powerball lottery (~195 million to 1)
- Becoming president of the United States (~25 million to 1)
- Pretty much everything.
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.