- Michelle Obama celebrated her 55th birthday on Thursday.
- In a touching post on Twitter, her husband, former President Barack Obama, shared a throwback of the two of them early on in their relationship.
Barack Obama toasted his wife on her 55th birthday with a touching tribute on Twitter.
The former president shared a throwback picture of him and Michelle from early on in their relationship.
A young Michelle beams as Barack puts his arm around her, holding a newspaper.
“I knew it way back then and I’m absolutely convinced of it today – you’re one of a kind, @MichelleObama. Happy birthday!” Obama wrote in the post.
— Barack Obama (@BarackObama) January 17, 2019
The couple celebrated their 26th wedding anniversary back in October. In her new memoir, “Becoming,” Michelle details how her marriage to Obama was unlikely – he made a terrible first impression and she was against dating him, since they met when he was an intern at the Chicago law firm where she worked.
- Read more about the Obamas:
- Everything you need to know about Barack and Michelle Obama’s love story – from the law office to the Oval Office
- 50 romantic photos show why everyone misses Barack and Michelle Obama
- This one quote reveals the secret to the Obamas’ extraordinary 25 years together
- Barack Obama’s sweet anniversary message to Michelle brought her to tears – and the Internet is gushing over it
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.