A new CNN poll provides the sharpest evidence yet that a month of scandals (IRS, Benghazi, AP, leaks, etc.) is taking its toll on President Obama’s approval rating.
A full breakdown of the poll can be downloaded here (.pdf) but the key datapoints are as follows:
- General job approval is down from 53% in May to 45% now.
- Approval on the economy is down 2 points, to 42%.
- On foreign affairs, Obama has fallen 5 points to 44%.
- On illegal immigration, Obama’s disapproval is up to 56%.
- 49% of respondents say Obama is honest/trustworthy, a big drop from 58% in the last reading.
- Among those aged under 30, Obama has seen a 17% (!) drop in approval.
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.