Photo: Library Of Congress
Via Bloomberg, here are all the expectations for today’s jobs report.
- Change in non-farm payrolls: 150K (was 115K last month).
- Change in private payrolls: 164K (was 130K last month).
- Change in manufacturing payrolls 15K (was 16K last month).
- The unemployment rate: 8.1% (was 8.1%)
- Average hourly earnings growth: 0.2% (was 0.0% last month)
- Average weekly hours: 34.5 (was 34.5 last month)
Yesterday’s ADP jobs report, which only measures private payrolls, came in at 133K.
A couple quick thoughts: The “whisper” is probably a bit lower than the 150K number, as the latest data has been disappointed.
And for the market, the worst would probably be a slight miss… a number that’s not great, but not bad enough to induce more Fed easing.