- We are in the midst of a massive transformation in the way we generate and consume energy.
- It’s driving investment in the clean-energy industry, which reached $US363 billion worldwide last year, according to BloombergNEF.
- Business Insider is launching a list of the rising stars of the industry – up-and-comers within startups, energy giants, or other institutions helping push the transition forward.
- We’re looking for nominations. Please submit them here by no later than Friday, March 6.
- Click here for more BI Prime stories.
You don’t have to look far for signs of the energy transition.
Corporate giants like Microsoft are committing billions to fight climate change and buying record amounts of renewable energy. Oil and gas giants like Repsol and BP are pledging to stem carbon emissions. And thousands of startups are sprouting up to address some of the industries toughest challenges, such as how to store power for days instead of hours.
Among those helping to spearhead the transition are clean-energy companies, and the leaders within them.
They’re helping usher in a new era of energy, whether by engineering or commercialising breakthrough battery technologies or building up the nation’s largest rooftop solar business.
Together, they have built out an industry that received $US363 billion in investment last year, according to the research firm BloombergNEF.
We want to know who they are, which is why Business Insider is launching, for the first time, a list of the rising stars of clean energy.
These are up-and-comers who are transforming the energy industry through their work. They’re not household names today, but they will be tomorrow.
- Nominations close on Friday, March 6, at the end of the day.
- A rising star is an up-and-comer who is poised to transform the energy industry through their startup, from within a big company, or through their groundbreaking research.
- The focus is on clean energy, but nominations could include leaders in the oil and gas industry.
- There’s no restriction on age.
Questions? Feel free to reach out at [email protected]and don’t forget to submit your nominations by March 6!