Nintendo’s got a brand new video game console. Well, Nintendo almost has a brand new video game console — the Nintendo Switch (as it’s called) is getting a big unveil on Thursday night.
Are you excited? If you’re into Nintendo, you should probably be pretty pumped. A brand new console! These things don’t happen very often.
That said, outside of a single video showcasing the console, Nintendo’s said next to nothing about the Switch. Here’s a quick rundown:
- It’s named Nintendo Switch.
- It’s a home console (as seen above), and it’s also a portable console.
- It’s set to launch in March.
- There’s a “Legend of Zelda” game in the works, as well as a new “Super Mario” game.
That’s pretty much it! That leaves a lot of unanswered questions. What games will launch alongside the console? How much does it cost? When, exactly, can we buy one of these things? How capable is it compared with the competition from Sony and Microsoft?
All of these questions — and more, we expect — are due to be answered on Thursday evening. Nintendo’s holding a press conference where it promises to detail the Switch. But Nintendo is a Japanese company, and that means a big reveal in Tokyo.
What do we do?! Simple: There’s a stream!
There is, of course, a downside: The presentation doesn’t start until 11 p.m. ET.
If you’re in Tokyo, that’s not a problem at all — due to the time difference, the event in Tokyo actually takes place at 1 p.m. local time on Friday, January 13. Since our office is based in New York City, we’re staying up late and covering the event live.
Here’s a quick rundown of what time the event will be streamed in your time zone:
- London: 4 a.m., Friday, January 12
- NYC: 11 p.m., Thursday, January 12
- Chicago: 10 p.m., Thursday, January 12
- LA: 8 p.m., Thursday, January 12
- Tokyo: 1 p.m., Friday, January 13
- Sydney: 3 p.m., Friday, January 13
We’ve got the presentation embedded right here:
NOW WATCH: Tech Insider videos
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.