“Cool” is a nebulous term. But every year Business Insider’s tech reporters tackle the challenge of ambiguity to churn out the Silicon Alley 100, a list of New York’s “coolest” techies.Among well-known figures — serial CEO Mike Lazerow, PR impresario Brooke Hammerling — emerging innovators populate the list, like Majora Carter, who founded a nonprofit incubator in the South Bronx.
This year nine of the elite 100 will speak at IGNITION: Future of Digital, Business Insider’s third-annual conference on emerging digital business models, taking place November 27-28, 2012, in New York. Those nine are listed below.
Reserve your spot at IGNITION by registering here.
Among those listed above, you’ll here from SA 100 honorees including:
- Jill Abramson, Executive Editor, New York Times
- Scott Belsky, Co-founder & CEO, Behance
- Carolyn Everson, VP of Global Marketing Solutions, Facebook
- Jared Grusd, General Counsel, Spotify
- Kirk McDonald, President, PubMatic
- Dave Morgan, CEO, Simulmedia
- Ted Roden, Founder & CEO, Fancy Hands
- Stephen Rosenblatt, CRO, Foursquare
- David Tisch, Director, TechStars NYC
Topics on the IGNITION agenda include:
- E-COMMERCE EVOLVES: Competing Online With Amazon And Everyone Else
- MOBILE PAYMENTS: Who Wins? Who Profits?
- THE RISE OF THE VISUAL WEB: Instagram, Tumblr, Pinterest, Facebook And Beyond
- SOCIAL AND DIGITAL ADVERTISING: What’s Next?
- DIGITAL STORYTELLING: Brands As Publishers And Networks
The agenda also includes an hourly break to network and caffeinate, extended lunch and breakfast, sponsored workshops, and cocktail reception.
Here’s who should attend IGNITION:
- Senior executives in technology and media firms who need to know the latest changes in consumer behaviour and disruptive business models
- Investors, both public and private, who require strategic perspectives on both market-moving companies and emerging business
- Chief executives of late-stage startups who must stay abreast of what industry heavyweights and upcoming competitors are doing
- Heads of emerging companies who need a landscape perspective and to connect with decision-makers
- Solution providers to consumer-technology firms and content publishers
See you next month!
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.