We’re into the second quarter of the NFL season now.Playoff races are starting to take shape, and teams are starting to reveal their true identities.
Here’s the five key games you ought to keep an eye on this weekend.
1. Titans v. Steelers. Believe us, this is the most interesting game of the weekend These are two of the biggest question marks in the NFL. Are the Titans for real? Are The Steelers too old? This game will tell us a lot about both teams.
2. Eagles v. Bills. This is almost a must-win for the Eagles. A 1-4 start would mean they’d have to go 9-2 down the stretch to make the playoffs. But Buffalo has a lot to prove coming off a bad loss to the Bengals, plus they’re at home.
3. Patriots v. Jets. The Jets are in shambles while the Pats are flying high. Everyone expects the Jets to get killed. So, oddly, this is a lose-lose for the Pats.
4. Packers v. Falcons. It’s a rematch of last year’s NFL divisional round game. But the Falcons have regressed since then while the Packers have only grown stronger. Tough spot for Atlanta here.
5. 49ers v. Bucs. Another interesting matchup you wouldn’t have predicted before the season. These teams are both playoff contenders, and whoever wins is in prime position to lock up a spot.
NOW WATCH: Briefing videos
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.