- Elo and Cortana have made their picks for Week 17.
- Cortana leads the overall race, correctly picking 65% of the games this season.
Week 17 of the NFL season is here, and Cortana is back to make picks in a head-to-head showdown with Elo.
In both cases, the computers are picking outright winners and not against the spread. Each gives a likelihood that a team will win, however, which in theory could help measure the strength of certain lines.
Cortana is having another strong season, correctly picking 65% of the games, including an 11-5 record in Week 16. Elo has nailed 60% overall.
Here are the picks for Week 17, with each team’s per cent chance of winning in parentheses. Point spreads are for reference,via Vegas Insider as of Friday morning.
Sunday afternoon — early-window games
- Miami Dolphins at Buffalo Bills (-5.5) –BILLS (Elo 59%, Cortana 60%)
- Detroit Lions at Green Bay Packers (-8) –PACKERS (Elo 65%, Cortana 74%)
- New York Jets at New England Patriots (-13.5) –PATRIOTS (Elo 89%, Cortana 77%)
- Carolina Panthers at New Orleans Saints (-7) –SAINTS (Elo 87%, Cortana 58%)
- Dallas Cowboys at New York Giants (-6) –COWBOYS (Elo 62%); GIANTS(Cortana 66%)
- Atlanta Falcons (-1) at Tampa Bay Buccaneers –FALCONS (Elo 54%); BUCS(Cortana 51%)
- Jacksonville Jaguars at Houston Texans (-6.5) –TEXANS (Elo 71%, Cortana 74%)
Sunday afternoon — late-window games
- Los Angeles Chargers (-6.5) at Denver Broncos –CHARGERS (Elo 64%, Cortana 72%)
- San Francisco 49ers at Los Angeles Rams (-10) –RAMS (Elo 85%, Cortana 75%)
- Arizona Cardinals at Seattle Seahawks (-13.5) –SEAHAWKS (Elo 88%, Cortana 61%)
- Oakland Raiders at Kansas City Chiefs (-14) –CHIEFS (Elo 88%, Cortana 79%)
- Chicago Bears at Minnesota Vikings (-4.5) –VIKINGS (Elo 56%, Cortana 64%)
- Cincinnati Bengals at Pittsburgh Steelers (-14.5) – STEELERS (Elo 83%, Cortana 75%)
- Philadelphia Eagles (-6.5) at Washington Redskins – EAGLES (Elo 65%, Cortana 69%)
- Cleveland Browns at Baltimore Ravens (-5.5) –RAVENS (Elo 81%, Cortana 66%)
“Sunday Night Football”
- Indianapolis Colts (-3.5) at Tennessee Titans –TITANS (Elo 62%); COLTS(Cortana 57%)
Now check out more NFL coverage:
- Here’s what the NFL playoff bracket would look like if the season ended today
- The 40 most dominant athletes of 2018
- The Patriots’ underwhelming offseason is coming back to bite them 3 weeks before the playoffs
- The 40 most incredible plays in sports of 2018
NOW WATCH: Briefing videos
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.