- Elo and Cortana have made their picks for Week 16.
- Cortana leads the overall race, correctly picking 66% of the games this season.
- The models disagree on two games this week.
Week 16 of the NFL season is here, and Cortana is back to make picks in a head-to-head showdown with Elo.
In both cases, the computers are picking outright winners and not against the spread. Each gives a likelihood that a team will win, however, which in theory could help measure the strength of certain lines.
Cortana is having another strong season, correctly picking 66% of the games, including a 10-6 record in Week 15. Elo has nailed 60% overall.
Here are the picks for Week 16, with each team’s per cent chance of winning in parentheses. Point spreads are for reference,via Vegas Insider as of Thursday morning.
- Washington Redskins at Tennessee Titans (-10) –TITANS (Elo 73%, Cortana 73%)
- Baltimore Ravens at Los Angeles Chargers (-4.5) –CHARGERS (Elo 66%, Cortana 63%)
Sunday-afternoon games — early window
- Cincinnati Bengals at Cleveland Browns (-8.5) –BROWNS (Elo 60%, Cortana 60%)
- Tampa Bay Buccaneers at Dallas Cowboys (-7) –COWBOYS (Elo 75%, Cortana 70%)
- Minnesota Vikings (-5.5) at Detroit Lions –VIKINGS (Elo 55%, Cortana 63%)
- New York Giants at Indianapolis Colts (-9.5) –COLTS (Elo 74%, Cortana 79%)
- Jacksonville Jaguars at Miami Dolphins (-4) –DOLPHINS (Elo 61%, Cortana 64%)
- Buffalo Bills at New England Patriots (-12.5) –PATRIOTS (Elo 84%, Cortana 78%)
- Green Bay Packers (-3) at New York Jets –PACKERS (Elo 57%); JETS(Cortana 52%)
- Houston Texans at Philadelphia Eagles (-2.5) –EAGLES (Elo 66%); TEXANS(Cortana 66%)
- Atlanta Falcons (-3.5) at Carolina Panthers –PANTHERS (Elo 62%, Cortana 57%)
Sunday-afternoon games — late window
- Los Angeles Rams (-14) at Arizona Cardinals –RAMS (Elo 77%, Cortana 74%)
- Chicago Bears (-4) at San Francisco 49ers –BEARS (Elo 68%, Cortana 63%)
- Pittsburgh Steelers at New Orleans Saints (-6) –SAINTS (Elo 74%, Cortana 64%)
“Sunday Night Football”
- Kansas City Chiefs (-2.5) at Seattle Seahawks –CHIEFS (Elo 54%, Cortana 58%)
“Monday Night Football”
- Denver Broncos (-2.5) at Oakland Raiders –BRONCOS (Elo 61%, Cortana 61%)
Now check out this week’s power rankings.
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.