Week 10 of the NFL season is here, and Cortana is back to make picks in a head-to-head showdown with Elo.
In both cases, the computers are picking outright winners and not against the spread. However, each gives a likelihood that a team will win – which, in theory, could help measure the strength of certain lines.
Cortana is off to a strong start this season, correctly picking 72% of the games over the past six weeks and 69% overall. Elo has nailed 69% over the past five weeks and is at 63% overall.
Here are the picks for Week 10, with each team’s per cent chance of winning in parentheses. Point spreads are for reference,via Vegas Insider as of Thursday morning.
“Thursday Night Football”
- Carolina Panthers at Pittsburgh Steelers (-3.5) –STEELERS (Elo 61%, Cortana 57%)
Sunday-afternoon games — early window
- Detroit Lions at Chicago Bears (-6.5) –BEARS (Elo 65%, Cortana 69%)
- New Orleans Saints (-5.5) at Cincinnati Bengals –SAINTS (Elo 64%, Cortana 66%)
- Atlanta Falcons (-5.5) at Cleveland Browns –FALCONS (Elo 78%, Cortana 63%)
- New England Patriots (-6.5) at Tennessee Titans –PATRIOTS (Elo 63%, Cortana 72%)
- Jacksonville Jaguars at Indianapolis Colts (-3) –COLTS (Elo 56%, Cortana 63%)
- Arizona Cardinals at Kansas City Chiefs (-16.5) –CHIEFS (Elo 88%, Cortana 84%)
- Buffalo Bills at New York Jets (-7) – JETS(Elo 63%, Cortana 77%)
- Washington Redskins at Tampa Bay Buccaneers (-3) –BUCS (Elo 54%, Cortana 58%)
Sunday-afternoon games — late window
- Los Angeles Chargers (-10) at Oakland Raiders –CHARGERS (Elo 76%, Cortana 75%)
- Miami Dolphins at Green Bay Packers (-9.5) –PACKERS (Elo 61%, Cortana 74%)
- Seattle Seahawks at Los Angeles Rams (-9.5) – RAMS(Elo 69%, Cortana 69%)
“Sunday Night Football”
- Dallas Cowboys at Philadelphia Eagles (-7) –EAGLES (Elo 74%, Cortana 67%)
“Monday Night Football”
- New York Giants at San Francisco 49ers (-3) –49ERS (Elo 67%, Cortana 63%)
Now check out this week’s power rankings.
NOW WATCH: Briefing videos
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.