Photo: Ronald Martinez/Getty Images
Five NFC teams can still make the playoffs today, and there are two spots available.Below you can find the scenarios for each team.
Basically, whoever wins Redskins-Cowboys tonight will win the NFC East and get one playoff spot. For the last wild-card spot, the Vikings have the simplest path, they just need to win. If they lose, the Bears gets in with a win.
And if those both of them lose, it gets super confusing.
Here’s what each team needs.
- Redskins — Beat the Cowboys. Or, lose the Cowboys, and the Bears and Vikings both lose
- Cowboys — Beat the Redskins.
- Vikings — Beat the Packers. Or, lose the Packers, and the Bears, Giants, and Cowboys all lose
- Bears — Beat the Lions, and the Packers beat the Vikings
- Giants — Beat the Eagles, the Bears, Vikings, and Cowboys all lose
NOW WATCH: Briefing videos
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.