Good news for weekly magazines: advertisers are buying.
As reported by WWD on Tuesday, a number of weeklies have gained advertising pages for the first half of the year (although they are still down overall).
- The Week: 369 ad pages (up 20%)
- Bloomberg BusinessWeek: 666 ad pages (up 16%)
- TIME: 667 ad pages (up 8%)
- New York Magazine: 1,242 ad pages (up 6%)
- The New Yorker: 533 ad pages (up 5%)
One magazine continues to struggle, however. WWD points out that Newsweek‘s ad pages are down 27% (to 319 pages).
NOW WATCH: Briefing videos
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.