Guardian News/YouTubeStudents pay tribute to victims of the Christchurch shooting.
- On Friday, 50 people were killed in the worst mass killing in New Zealand’s history as a part of a deadly terror attack that targeted two mosques in Christchurch, New Zealand.
- Around the world, people have paid tribute to victims of the attack – including in the city of Christchurch itself.
- A video has circulated online, reported below by The Guardian, that shows a group of students performing a haka dance.
- The haka is a ceremonial dance in Maori culture, often performed in groups and associated with death and mourning.
- In the below video, a group of students from different schools came together to perform the dance.
- Watch the full clip.
- Read more:
- New Zealand quickly moves to reform gun laws after mosque massacre that killed 50, and promises detailed proposals within 10 days
- The New Zealand shooting suspect fired his lawyer and will represent himself in court
- Here’s what we know about the victims of the mosque mass shootings in New Zealand that killed at least 50 people
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.