It seems that the Google team just can’t sit still. Its latest work is an overhaul on the Google Docs interface, making it cleaner with an emphasis on white space. There’s also some new keyboard shortcuts.
- up and down arrows will highlight documents to open
- shift + T creates a new text document
- shift + S creates a new spreadsheet
- shift + C creates a new collection
- “?” opens the shortcut guide
These modifications haven’t been officially activated yet, but you can turn them on right now by clicking the small gear icon next to your name in the navigation bar across the top of the Google Docs interface. Select “Try the new look” and see if it’s to your liking.