NetflixFootage and references from Netflix’s new documentary, ‘FYRE: The Greatest Party That Never Happened.’
- “Fyre Festival” was an epic, “exclusive” event organised by Ja Rule and a 26-year-old tech entrepreneur named Billy McFarland in 2016.
- But instead of the luxury island experience guests paid thousands of dollars for, “Fyre Festival” turned into a nightmare that was documented through social media.
- McFarland wound up pleading guilty to wire-fraud charges in 2018 and was sentenced to six years in prison.
- Now, Netflix has a new behind-the-scenes look at what went wrong.
- In a new documentary called “FYRE: The Greatest Party That Never Happened,” Netflix gets “a first-hand look into disastrous crash of Fyre as told by the organisers themselves.”
- “FYRE” is produced by Danny Gabai at Vice Studios along with Chris Smith, Library Films and Mick Purzycki at Jerry Media.
- The documentary arrives on Friday, January 18 to Netflix. Watch the full trailer below.
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.