Stock? We’re talking cheap AND nostalgic!
But this year it’s all about saving money and helping other’s save money, so here’s a good list to get started. If you have other ideas please leave them in the comments or send them our way: [email protected] We’ll do a roundup of our readers’ suggestions.
- Ford share: $1.85, GM share: $4.12. The stock exchange has and under $10 section. Here’s who else is there: Citigroup, Time Warner, News Corp, Macy’s, Goodyear, CBS, Sun Microsystems, Starbucks, Nordstorm, Whole Foods, Royal Caribbean.
- A Netflix subscription. The movie rental service can be a real money saver. It costs as little as $5 a month
- An Internet phone, or an adaptor that lets you make phone calls cheaply over the Internet. Consider a phone connected to Skype. If you have a broadband connection the cost is almost nothing.
- Get grandma a webcam and set her up with a Google Talk account that lets her make and receive video calls to her grandkids. A good webcam, like the Logitech QuickCam Pro 9000, will cost around $70. Setting up the account will take your teenage son half an hour.
- Your labour. IOU for babysitting works like a charm
For the rest of this useful list, click here.
NOW WATCH: Briefing videos
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.