The 2015 NBA Draft lottery is tonight in New York, and will air on ESPN at 8:30 p.m. eastern time.
While 14 teams theoretically have a chance at acquiring the No. 1 pick in the draft, the odds are weighted in the favour of the Timberwolves (25% chance), Knicks (19.9%), Sixers (15.6%), and Lakers (11.9%).
Here’s the full odds for getting the top pick for every lottery team:
- Minnesota Timberwolves (16-66): 25% chance
- New York Knicks (17-65): 19.9% chance
- Philadelphia 76ers (18-64): 15.6% chance
- Los Angeles Lakers (21-61): 11.9% chance
- Orlando Magic (25-57): 8.8% chance
- Sacramento Kings (29-53): 6.3% chance
- Denver Nuggets (30-52): 4.3% chance
- Detroit Pistons (32-50): 2.8% chance
- Charlotte Hornets (33-49): 1.7% chance
- Miami Heat (37-45): 1.1% chance
- Indiana Pacers (38-44): 0.8% chance
- Utah Jazz (38-44): 0.7% chance
- Phoenix Suns (39-43): 0.6% chance
- Oklahoma City Thunder (45-37): 0.5% chance
While the Timberwolves may have the best chance to land the top pick, it’s not a guarantee. In fact, since the lottery was created in 1990, the team with the worst record has landed the top pick only three times.
As last year’s lottery showed — with the Cleveland Cavaliers winning the lottery with only a 1.7 per cent chance — nothing is set in stone.
NOW WATCH: Briefing videos
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.