- Monday, December 4 is National Cookie Day.
- And Americans love cookies. 35% have eaten an entire package of cookies in one go.
- We rounded up the best freebies and deals we found across the country for aficionados.
Everyone loves cookies.
Turns, out, Americans love them so much that about one in three has eaten an entire box of cookies in one go, according to a recent survey by NationalToday.com.
70% of those surveyed eat cookies at least once a week, and 43% have eaten a row of Oreos in one sitting, the same survey found.
Luckily for cookie aficionados, a slew of companies are giving out free cookies or have deals this Monday in honour of National Cookie Day.
- All Mrs. Fields locations will be giving out a free cookies to the first 400 customers.
- Insomnia Cookies is giving out a free traditional cookie with any purchase.
- Whole Foods‘ cookie bar is offering items for 50% off.
- Participating locations of Nestle Toll House Café are giving out free regular cookies to customers.
- Participating locations of Great American Cookies will be giving out one free original chocolate chip cookie – no purchase necessary.
- Penn Station East Coast Subs (the sandwich chain, not the train station in New York City) is giving out chocolate chunk cookie bites with any sandwich purchase.
- Missouri-based chain Hot Box Cookies is giving out one free cookie with every order.
- Cinnabon came out with a limited-time hybrid chocolate chip cookie-cinnamon roll called Cookie Bon Bites, which will come with free milk on Monday.
NOW WATCH: Money & Markets videos
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.