NASA is looking for developers to help it design a smartwatch app which can be used by astronauts when they’re in space.
A bunch of the projects are for tools to be used by the first humanoid robot in space, Robonaut 2.
Time is reporting the next project is for a Samsung Gear 2 smartwatch app and that it will need to be able to do the following:
- Crew Timeline application: Will display an agenda view of the timeline as well as a way to easily navigate to another day in the past or future.
- Caution & Warnings application: Will display color coded cautions and warnings.
- Communication Status application: Will display whether or not the vehicle is currently able to communicate with the ground through either voice or video.
- Timers application: Will be able to set timers for procedures or until the next activity. This general design should direct attention to the appropriate information for a task and increase efficiency.
- Provide appropriate feedback to actions: Be legible on the smaller Samsung Gear screen – innovative representations of data displayed on a smartwatch are highly encouraged.
There’s more here.
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.