- Nancy Pelosi, Katy Perry, and Orlando Bloom, were pictured together on Friday night at the Los Angeles Convention Center, where Dolly Parton was being honored by MusiCares.
- The trio recreated the clap that Pelosi gave President Donald Trump during his State of the Union address on Tuesday.
- The three smiled as they recreated the applause, photos of which went viral.
- Pelosi’s husband, Paul, was also at the event on Friday.
Nancy Pelosi recreated her State of the Union clap with Katy Perry and Orlando Bloom on Friday night, days after the applause went viral.
Pelosi, Perry, Bloom were pictured together at the Los Angeles Convention Center, where Dolly Parton was being honored with MusiCares’s person of the year award.
The trio smiled as the mimicked the clap that Pelosi gave President Donald Trump at his State of the Union on Tuesday.
The Speaker of the House’s husband, Paul, laughed as he stood by during the photo-op.
On Tuesday, Pelosi gave the applause after Trump called for an end to “the politics of revenge” during the State of the Union address.
She told reporters on Wednesday that the clap “wasn’t sarcastic,” according to Fox News.
“I wanted him to know that was a very welcome message,” she said.
Following the State of the Union address, Pelosi released a statement calling on Trump to change his priorities.
Perry, meanwhile, has long identified as a Democrat and even joined the political trail for Hillary Clinton during her 2016 presidential campaign.
It’s unclear if she had met Pelosi prior to their photo together on Friday.
- Read more:
- Another government shutdown looms as funding runs out in a week and Democrats are still undecided about Trump’s border wall
- Pelosi’s daughter says her mother’s viral clap at Trump ‘took me back to the teen years’
- Democratic women gave Trump a surprising standing ovation during the State of the Union after the president celebrated the historic achievements of American women
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.