MyPillow CEO Mike Lindell, barred from Twitter, plans to launch his own social-media site where ‘people will be able to talk and not walk on eggshells’

Mike lindell white house
MyPillow CEO Mike Lindell. Jabin Botsford/The Washington Post via Getty Images
  • MyPillow CEO Mike Lindell says he is launching his own social-media site.
  • It would launch in the coming weeks and would advocate free speech, Lindell said on Friday.
  • Lindell was barred from Twitter for spreading election-related conspiracy theories.
  • Visit the Business section of Insider for more stories.

MyPillow CEO Mike Lindell, the Trump ally who was barred from Twitter for spreading election-related conspiracy theories, plans to launch his own social-media site.

The platform could launch within a month, Lindell said on Charlie Kirk’s podcast on Friday.

“Every single influencer person on the planet can come there. You’re going to have a platform to speak out,” Lindell said, adding, “It’s not just like a little Twitter platform.”

He said he’d been working on the site for four years.

Mediaite first reported on the news.

The voting-machine company Dominion last month filed a $US1.3 ($2) billion defamation lawsuit against Lindell, who spread the conspiracy theory claiming that Dominion’s technology had switched votes from Donald Trump to Joe Biden. The theory has been thoroughly debunked.

He was barred from Twitter in January, and in February both YouTube and Vimeo pulled down a two-hour film called “Absolute Proof” that he’d made about the election. Lindell claimed in the podcast that 140 million people had viewed the film.

Lindell also spoke about “cancel culture” and said his Wikipedia page had been “changed into something I’m not,” without giving specifics.

“Google canceled me on some things, I can tell you,” he said, adding that he bought ads on the search engine so that more people would see his election-fraud “evidence.”

He said Google took “tens of thousands of dollars” from him in advertising revenue before it “shut me down.”

Lindell also said that “even the bad stations” wouldn’t have him on their shows to talk about Dominion, election fraud, and the coronavirus vaccine.

“They’re suppressing our voices,” he said.

‘You will not need YouTube. You won’t need these places.’

He said his social-media platform would offer an alternative to these sites. “We’re launching this big platform so all the voices of our country can come back and start telling it like it is again,” he said.

“You will not need YouTube. You won’t need these places,” he added. “So it will be where everything can be told, because we’ve got to get our voices back.

“People will be able to talk and not walk on eggshells,” Lindell said.

He said that the platform would launch in “four or five weeks,” but also that it could launch in “10 days.” He added that he couldn’t say the name of it yet.

In response to Lindell’s support for the election-fraud theory, retailers have cut ties with MyPillow. Lindell said 22 retailers had stopped selling his pillows, the latest being Sam’s Club and Boscov’s.

He told Insider in February that he expected the company to lose about $US65 ($84) million in revenue this year from retailers pulling the products.

Do you work for MyPillow? Got a tip you want to share? Contact Grace Dean via email ([email protected]). Always use a nonwork email.