- The special counsel Robert Mueller’s Russia report, in redacted form, is due out Thursday in a multistage process.
- Attorney General William Barr is scheduled to give a press conference on the report in Washington, DC, at 9:30 a.m.
- The report is expected to be sent to Congress on CDs between 11 a.m. and noon.
- It will be made public on the special counsel’s website an unspecified amount of time later.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
A redacted version of the special counsel Robert Mueller’s Russia report is due to be released Thursday after years of speculation over its contents and what it could mean for the US and President Donald Trump.
The document is expected to be unveiled in stages, with it first becoming available to lawmakers in the form of specially produced CDs from which they can download the report.
Here is how the release is due to take place:
- 9:30 a.m.: Attorney General William Barr is scheduled to give a press conference on his interpretation of the report. He will take questions; Mueller and his team will not be there.
- 11 a.m. to noon: Copies of the report in CD form will be distributed to members of Congress, who are free to talk publicly about what they see.
- Around this time, the report is expected to be posted on the special counsel’s website. A precise time has not been made public.
- Trump suggested that he might hold a press conference after the release.
Barr said he redacted four types of information from the report:
- Secret grand-jury information
- Classified information
- Information connected to ongoing investigations
- Personal information about people who were interviewed but not charged during the investigation.
- Read more coverage of the Mueller report:
Only 13% of Americans think Attorney General William Barr’s summary accurately described the Mueller report
As the Justice Department gets ready to release the Mueller report, Ted Cruz says he hopes ‘very little of it is redacted’
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.