Frederick M. Brown/Getty ImagesCyrus poured her heart out in a retro performance at the VMAs.
The INSIDER Summary:
- Miley Cyrus returned to the MTV Video Music Awards stage to perform “Younger Now” off her next album.
- Cyrus ditched the crazy looks of her 2015 appearance when hosting the VMAs and went for a more down-to-earth look channeling her country roots.
- Earlier Sunday, the singer promised her famous father Billy Ray Cyrus she would behave herself at the awards show. Her twerking performance in 2015 with Robin Thicke caused a big stir.
- She kept her word.
- The song continues the vibe from Cyrus’ other single “Malibu” in which the 24-year-old singer talks about mellowing down and changing from being a wild child.
- Her parents watched on smiling at their daughter.
- It was a tame performance for Cyrus, but one of the highlights of the night by showing how far the singer has come since rekindling her relationship with Liam Hemsworth. Watch Cyrus sing “Younger Now” below.
More from INSIDER:
- Everything we know about Jon Snow’s rebellious real mother on ‘Game of Thrones’
- Miley Cyrus’ down-to-earth VMAs performance shows how much the star has come full circle
- Why that steamy ‘Game of Thrones’ finale scene spells trouble for Jon and Daenerys in season 8
- Here’s why Jon Snow’s father looked so familiar in the ‘Game of Thrones’ finale
- Everything we know about Jon Snow’s mysterious true father on ‘Game of Thrones’
NOW WATCH: Briefing videos
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.