- Brittany Garcia lost her younger brother, a police officer, in early October.
- This Christmas, she bought her grieving mother a bear that’s dressed like a policeman and speaks her brother’s voice.
- Garcia filmed her mother opening the present, and the emotional video has gone viral, garnering over 6 million views.
The holidays are about spending time with family, so a woman in California ensured a piece of her late brother would be there this Christmas.
After losing her little brother, Sean Tanner, in early October, Brittany Garcia gave her mother a teddy bear from Build-a-Bear that was dressed like her brother in a police uniform. She filmed her mother opening the present, and in the video, Garcia tells her mother to press the button. What she heard brought her to immediate tears – it was the voice of her late son.
Watch the moment his mother hears Tanner’s voice for the first time since his death.
My little brother died in the beginning of October, for Christmas I got my parents a build a bear in a police uniform (he was a cop) with his voice❤️???? pic.twitter.com/KRzXPImhAB
— ✨????????????????????????????????✨ (@britmgarcia) December 24, 2018
If you listen closely, you can hear him say, “Officer Tanner, about to get no sleep for the first time. I’m feeling good.”
In a separate Tweet, Garcia wrote that every family grieves differently, and this was their way of dealing with this death.
“My family has a need to hear his voice,” Garcia said, “it’s not ripping open a wound because our wound hasn’t closed and probably never will.”
After ensuring that her mother loves the gift, Garcia’s video has now gone viral, being viewed over 6 million times.
“The outpouring of love and support is something else, and my family is beyond thankful,” Garcia wrote.
Visit INSIDER’s homepage for more.
- Read more:
- When a homeless man was admitted to a hospital, his 4 stray dog friends patiently waited for him at the door
- When a boy sent a letter to his dad in heaven, he got the most heartwarming reply from the postman
- An IKEA store in Italy is letting stray dogs inside to warm up during the winter, and the pictures will warm your heart
NOW WATCH: Briefing videos
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.