No videos from September caught the Internet nation’s attention, but last month’s top viral video – the “Bed Intruder Song” – is still holding its own this month.
Looking at the overall most watched videos list, Justin Bieber’s music videos dominate the top 100, but Ray William Johnson and his twice-a-week YouTube show comes in a very close second place – Bieber’s songs and face took up eight spots while YouTube star Ray William Johnson grabbed seven. In fact, the YouTuber and viral video reviewer averaged close to 1.6 million views per day throughout all of September.
So, the question is – Who does YouTube value more? The Justin Bieber/Vevo/music video Goliaths or the YouTube personalities/vlogger Davids?
Data Provided By TubeMogul
20. Ray William Johnson: Ray It Ain't So (Overall Rank: 69)
19. Ray William Johnson: BAD KIDS! (Overall Rank: 68)
18. Nuki Nuki (The Nuki Song) Full Version Gummy Bear (Overall Rank: 65)
17. Ray William Johnson: Lookin' 4 Love (Overall Rank: 64)
16. Pokémon Apokélypse: Live Action Trailer HD (Overall Rank:63)
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.