- An INSIDER poll conducted on SurveyMonkey found that when it comes to America’s favourite pie, Americans keep it pretty classic.
- Americans favour apple pie above the rest.
- A few states in the South, however, prefer pecan pie, and just two outlying states prefer pumpkin.
To find out the most popular pies in every state, INSIDER deduced the five most popular pies in the US from a SurveyMonkey audience poll conducted from November 16, 2018, to November 17, 2018, with 1,217 respondents, and used Google Trends to find out where these were most popular. While the five pies included apple, pumpkin, pecan, chocolate cream, and cherry, Americans overwhelmingly searched for apple, pecan, and pumpkin pie.
Check them out in the map below:
While Alabama, Mississippi, and Louisiana were all pecan pie loyalists, and Hawaii and Wyoming chose pumpkin, every other state chose apple.
No wonder apple pie is such an American motif!
- Read more:
- We tested 3 pre-baked pie crusts – and the winner was clear
- The 10 most popular pies in the US
- A chain of pie shops in LA serves a pie packed with your favourite cereals
NOW WATCH: Briefing videos
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.