- “I’ve been testing the Tab for a couple of weeks and I like it. It’s a serious alternative to the iPad and one that will be preferred by some folks.”
- “On balance, however, I still prefer the iPad.”
- Good: It can easily be held in one hand.
- Bad: Screen size is very small, battery life half of the iPad’s, and “jerky” scrolling.
- Regarding Adobe Flash movie support, which is supposed to set this apart from the iPad: “Sometimes they played and sometimes they didn’t. In all cases, they slowed the browser down. On one site written in Flash, I got a warning saying I might want to “abort” lest the computer become “unresponsive.” In another case, the Tab crashed. So I conclude that while the Tab does play Flash, it needs work on that score.”
- Bottom line: “It’s different enough from the iPad, yet good enough, to give consumers a real choice.”
So, the iPad might actually have some competition this holiday season.
Are you going to buy the iPad? Or the Tab? Why or why not?