Photo: Surizar, Flickr
Markets were a bit higher in the very early going, but a slew of ugly European headlines have chipped away at the bullishness.Let’s just run down quickly a few things that are going on.
- Italian yields a shooting up again. The 10-year now yields 7.137%.
- Italian bank UniCredit is getting destroyed today, falling 12%. It’s now lost nearly 40% this week.
- Deutsche Bank is off 2.2%.
- German factory orders plunged 4.8% in November — that’s much worse than the 1.8% that analysts had expected.
- Eurozone retail sales fell sharply in November.
Meanwhile, the entire world awaits the US Non-Farm Payrolls report, which comes out at 8:30 AM ET.
As for that report, here are a few preview numbers to whet your appetite.