Morgan Stanley recently did a big survey of buy-side investors to get their take on various markets, the economy, etc.Here we bullet the key results:
- 70% of investors are bullish. That’s up from 59% for the survey taken in March.
- 60% of investors are bullish on emerging markets. That’s roughly unchanged.
- 74% of investors are dollar bulls.
- Only 42% of investors now think crude is going higher.
- 58% of respondents think unemployment will be higher than 8% at the end of the year. That’s a jump from 50% in the previous survey.
- 45% of respondents see Chinese GDP growth coming in between 7.5% to 8.0%.
- 90% of investor portfolios are overweight “high-beta” sectors.
- Investors have never been more overweight “tech”.
- Utilities are the least popular sector.
- 60% of respondents think the S&P will end the year between 1375-1500.
NOW WATCH: Money & Markets videos
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.