HedgeFundLIVE.com — Morning Notes
– Mixed trading in overseas markets with Nikkei facing some pressure as negative reports were out regarding very high radiation levels in water near Fukushima plant
– Nikkei closed down 60bps
– Hang Seng down 40bps, Shanghai Comp up 20bps
– Local election in Europe ousted German Chancellor Angela Merkel’s party in a key state- DAX (and rest of European bourses) reacting somewhat favourably (at least not negatively) as the index is up small this morning
– Fighting in Middle East continued over the weekend- Libyan rebel forces pushed west while in Syria Pres. Bashar al-Assad deployed army in main port of Latakia
– Gold and crude seeing a bit of pressure
– Treasuries under some pressure as well- weakness may be attributed to Fed Pres. Bullard’s comments that Fed should review QE2 policy
– Dollar is up
Click Here for full article.
NOW WATCH: Money & Markets videos
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.