HedgeFundLIVE.com – Morning Notes
– Selling pressure across the board this morning, partly due to the arrest of IMF MD Dominique Strauss-Kahn for sexual assault in NY
– In Japan, Machine Orders came in significantly higher than expectations
– However, Japan Consumer Confidence came in significantly lower than expectations
– Nikkei closed down for the third session in a row, down 90bps
– In China, reports out from a department of state economist that heavy inflationary pressures still exist and that CPI has not peaked yet
– Hang Seng closed down 1.4% while Shanghai closed down 70bps
– European bourses are trading lower as well
CLICK HERE for full article.
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.