- Interior-design brand Modsy recently designed six rooms inspired by Disney princesses.
- Modsy’s designs are meant to show how each character might style her home as an adult in 2019.
- Elsa’s room, for example, is full of prints inspired by Norwegian folk patterns – a nod to the “Frozen” character’s Norwegian heritage.
- Cinderella’s room has a white chandelier designed to look like the carriage she rode in to get to Prince Charming’s ball.
- And Snow White’s room has animal decorations to represent the character’s love of nature.
Disney princesses are constantly being reimagined by fans. While some have illustrated the beloved characters as women with modern careers, others have shown what they would look like with curly hair.
Interior-design brand Modsy has also found a way to give new life to the characters. The company, which helps customers reimagine their living spaces, recently designed six rooms inspired by Disney princesses.
From Cinderella’s chic room to Moana’s beach-inspired space, Modsy’s designs are meant to show how each character might style her home as an adult in 2019. Check out the fascinating project below.
Modsy’s Moana-inspired living room includes tons of tropical elements.
In a statement sent to INSIDER, Alessandra Wood, Modsy’s director of style, said that the brand aimed to create a space where Moana “could come home and chill out.”
The company envisioned the room as a place where the character could “easily relax on her own with a perfect view of the ocean.”
This bedroom was designed for Elsa from “Frozen.”
According to Wood, the brand’s designers blended elements from Elsa’s childhood home with those from her larger-than-life ice castle.
The space is also decorated with a rug, bed, and pillows that feature prints inspired by Norwegian folk patterns – a nod to Elsa’s Norwegian heritage, Wood said.
To create Snow White’s bedroom, Modsy took style cues from home designer Joanna Gaines.
The rustic-style bedroom, which focuses on comfort, includes plenty of cushioned chairs and open space to relax in, Wood said.
There are also many animal decorations spread throughout the space, intended to represent the princess’ love of nature.
Modsy also designed an enchanting living room for Belle from “Beauty and the Beast.”
Fans of “Beauty and the Beast” will recognise small details inspired by the animated movie scattered across the room.
The yellow couch, for example, was inspired by Belle’s iconic ball gown, while the roses placed throughout the space are nods to the Beast’s enchanted flower.
Characters such as the Wardrobe, Mrs. Potts, Chip, and Lumière are also represented by various pieces of furniture in the room.
“We aimed to create a luxurious space that encapsulated the colour palette and romance of Belle,” Wood said.
The company’s Cinderella-inspired living room features regal accents.
One of the standout pieces in this chic room is the white chandelier, which Modsy designed to look like the carriage that Cinderella rode in to get to Prince Charming’s ball.
The space is also decorated with a bird-adorned bookcase, a pair of slippers, and an alarm clock.
This minimalist living room was designed for Mulan.
To “balance feminine and masculine features,” Modsy used minimal furniture throughout the room, and stuck with a colour palette of reds, blues, and neutrals, Wood said.
- Read more:
- An artist envisions what Disney princesses would look like if they were modern women
- Here’s what Disney princesses would look like as modern-day millennials
- A woman who turns herself into Disney characters uses her hijab as part of her mind-blowing transformations
- A 29-year-old illustrator has redrawn iconic movie scenes with more diverse casts, and people are loving it
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.