- On Monday, models walked down the runway at Paris Fashion Week holding miniature handbags designed by Jacquemus.
- The styles are part of the French fashion label’s Womenswear Fall/Winter 2019/2020 collection.
- The micro bags appear to have been so small that models could carry them using a single finger.
- Jacquemus also showcased oversized bags during the fashion show.
- While its unclear how much the brand’s runway designs will eventually cost, similar micro bags are sold on the Jacquemus website for $US486.
A luxury fashion brand has created the handbag of your dreams – that is, if you’re looking for a purse that isn’t actually capable of holding anything.
On Monday, models walked down the runaway at Paris Fashion Week holding miniature handbags that appear to have been small enough to carry with a single finger.
The bags were designed by Jacquemus as part of the French fashion label’s Womenswear Fall/Winter 2019/2020 collection.
A variety of the micro bags were displayed throughout the show, including ones in white, red, and orange. And while some designs featured a single handle, other bags included an additional long strap.
However, each bag shared one detail in common: a gold “J” encrusted on the right corner.
But micro bags weren’t the only accessories carried during the fashion show. Jacquemus also unveiled a selection of oversized handbags at Paris Fashion Week.
The tote styles were so large that models appear to have been barely able to wrap their arms around them while walking down the runway.
It’s unclear when the new Jacquemus designs will go on sale, or how much they will eventually cost. But the brand is currently selling similar options online. At the time of writing, the Jacquemus online store offers micro bags in a variety of colours and styles, which range in price from $US240 to $US504.
Find out more about Jacquemus handbags on its website.
Representatives for Jacquemus did not immediately reply to INSIDER’s request for comment.
- Read more:
- There are 2 parts of the year that are the best time to score deals on designer goods, according to a CMO who works with 12,000 luxury brands
- Kim Kardashian bought all the female Kardashian-Jenner babies their own $US1,000 Louis Vuitton handbags
- Moncler’s larger-than-life puffer coats have such voluminous skirts they could double as ball gowns
- Bella Hadid and Kaia Gerber walked the runway wearing voluminous wigs and ’70s-style outfits
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.