1. Brewers to win the World Series (+800). Milwaukee is probably a more complete team than the Phillies. At 8-1 odds, they represent the best value on the board.
2. Rays to win the AL (+400). Hot teams can easily make a run in October (see: 2010 Giants, 2007 Rockies). The Rays have a deep pitching staff and are playing with house money after sneaking into the playoffs amid the Sox collapsed.
3. Albert Pujols (-0.5) will have more homeruns than Ryan Howard in the NLDS. Silly bet, but we like it. The Cards have no real reason to pitch to Ryan Howard, so his chances of hittting homeruns will be limited. On the other side, Philly’s aces don’t back down from anyone, so Pujols will have plenty of chances to drop a bomb or two. At Citizen’s Bank, he could easily hit a few HRs.
4. Roy Halladay and Cliff Lee to win the World Series MVP (+700 each). If you like the Phils to win it all, there’s no value is betting them straight up (+160). In the event that they win, either Halladay or Lee will likely be the MVP. So place a wager on each of them and rake in +350.
5. World Series matchups: PHI-TEX (+500), PHI-DET (+500), PHI-TB (+900). Another Phils value bet. Basically, we want to bet on Phillies to get to the World Series, but not at the -200 odds they have on winning the NL. So we place a bet on World Series matchups with every team except the Yankees (sorry, New York fans). If they face the Tigers/Rangers, we get +165. And if they face the Rays, we get +300.
NOW WATCH: Briefing videos
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.