A bombshell ESPN report says MLB is trying to suspend 20 players in connection with a Miami-area performance-enhancing drug clinic.
It’d be the biggest performance-enhancing drug bust in American pro sports history.
The biggest players involved are Alex Rodriguez and Ryan Braun. But more than a dozen other players from all levels of the game are facing suspension as well.
ESPN reports that investigators have records from the clinic (called “Biogenesis”) that implicate at least 20 players. Tony Bosch, the founder of the clinic, will reportedly meet with MLB officials on Friday. He will cooperate with the investigation in exchange for MLB dropping a lawsuit against him, ESPN reports.
Here’s the list of players who are connected to Biogenesis based on those records, according to ESPN:
- Alex Rodriguez, New York Yankees
- Ryan Braun, Milwaukee Brewers
- Nelson Cruz, Texas Rangers
- Jhonny Peralta, Detroit Tigers
- Everth Cabrera, San Diego Padres
- Francisco Cervelli, New York Yankees
- Melky Cabrera, Toronto Blue Jays
- Bartolo Colon, Oakland A’s
- Yasmani Grandal, San Diego Padries
- Gio Gonzalez, Washington Nationals (ESPN reports that Gonzalez only received legal substances, however)
- Jesus Montero, Seattle Mariners
- Cesar Puello, New York Mets
- Fernando Martinez, Houston Astros
- Fautino de los Santos, free agent
- Jordan Norberto, free agent
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.