- The 2019 Miss Universe pageant is being held this year at the Tyler Perry Studios in Atlanta, Georgia.
- Ahead of the pageant, some contestants gathered in Atlanta on Thursday to meet one another and complete their registration forms.
- While there, they also participated in outfit fittings in preparation of the big night.
- The 2019 Miss Universe pageant airs Sunday December 8 at 7 p.m. ET on FOX.
- Visit Insider’s homepage for more stories.
It takes a lot of work to compete in a Miss Universe pageant.
Not only do contestants follow strict diets and exercise routines to prepare, but they also must arrive at the pageant early to get fitted for their outfits and meet their fellow participants. On Thursday, some of this year’s contestants did just that when they arrived in Atlanta, Georgia, where the event is taking place.
Here are 15 behind-the-scenes photos that show them preparing for the big event.
Shanel Ifill is representing Barbados in this year’s pageant.
On Thursday, she sat in the makeup chair while wearing her “Miss Barbados” sash.
Julia Horta is representing Brazil in the contest.
Ahead of the pageant, she visited Atlanta, Georgia, and got fitted for her onstage looks.
At one point, she donned an aqua-blue dress.
The dress was seemingly sparkly, though she mysteriously covered it with a semi-sheer shawl.
Contestants like Kadejah Bodden, from the Cayman Islands, had their onstage hairstyles done.
Miss Cayman Islands wore her hair in a ponytail.
Miss Egypt, whose real name is Diana Hamed, posed in a beaded dress with fringe details during her fitting.
The contestant donned a baby-pink dress with long sleeves, a plunging neckline, and beaded fringe. She also wore her “Miss Egypt” sash.
Sissie Luo from Guam smiled at her reflection in a vanity mirror for a photo.
Miss Guam wore a shiny pink dress and her sash while getting her makeup done on Thursday.
Contestant Birta Abiba Þórhallsdóttir is representing Iceland.
After arriving in Atlanta, Miss Iceland donned a white dress with gold beaded detailing.
Indonesia’s Frederika Cull prepared for the pageant in her makeup chair.
While checking out her makeup, Miss Indonesia wore a red dress with white panels.
Miss Malta, or Teresa Ruglio, also got fitted for her pageant gowns on Thursday.
She tried on a semi-sheer red dress with long sleeves and studded details.
Gunzaya Bat-Erdene from Mongolia had a professional help her with her makeup.
Her makeup look included bronzed cheeks, light-pink lipstick, neutral eye shadow, and defined eyebrows.
Sharon Pieksma, or Miss Netherlands, seems ready for the 2019 pageant.
She posed for a photograph while wearing a green dress that had two triangular cutouts across the waist.
Saint Lucia representative Bebiana Mangal rocked a neon suit on Thursday.
She wore the outfit while getting her makeup done.
Miss South Africa, or Zozibini Tunzi, looked fierce as she posed in-between dresses.
During her fitting, Miss South Africa wore a sleeveless black top, high-waisted denim jeans, and a matching jacket.
Some contestants, like Miss USA and Miss Iceland, stuck together.
Both women looked stunning. Cheslie Kryst from the USA wore a sparkling jumpsuit, while Miss Iceland opted for a white minidress.
Miss USA, or Cheslie Kryst, gave fans a sneak peak at the swimsuits that will be featured in this year’s show.
Based on this photograph, it’s safe to say we’ll see neon swimsuits during this year’s show.
The 2019 Miss Universe pageant airs Sunday December 8 at 7 p.m. ET on FOX.
- Read more:
- Naomi Campbell paired a bubble dress with wide-leg capris for a look that will take you back to the early 2000s
- Photos of the exact moment 35 contestants found out they won Miss USA
- Here’s how Miss America, Miss USA, and Miss Universe are different
- A 22-year-old beauty queen has been stripped of her title after getting pregnant because it reportedly goes against pageant rules