- The Democratic presidential nominee, Joe Biden, has won Minnesota, according to Decision Desk HQ.
- Minnesota voted for a Democrat in the past 11 presidential elections before 2020.
- The state has 10 electoral votes.
- Seven of Minnesota’s 10 congressional seats are held by Democrats.
- See the live coverage and full results from the US presidential election.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
The Democratic presidential nominee, Joe Biden, has won Minnesota, according to Decision Desk HQ.
Minnesota voted Democratic in the past 11 presidential elections before 2020, reliably serving as a mainstay of the Democratic candidate’s electoral-vote count. The state is home to competitive down-ballot races in the Senate and the 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 7th, and 8th congressional districts.
Control over Minnesota’s state government is split: The governorship and control of the Minnesota House of Representatives are held by Democrats, while Republicans hold the Minnesota State Senate. In Congress, Minnesota’s delegation is majority Democratic, with Democrats holding seven of 10 congressional seats. The state has 10 electoral votes and was not believed by analysts to be particularly competitive in the presidential race.
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.