Good morning, AdLand. Here’s what you need to know today:
Microsoft made another ad that bashes the iPad and exalts the Surface RT tablet. The spot came out Friday, the day after Microsoft announced it was cutting the price of the tablet from $499 to $350, which would cost the company $900 million. It was also Microsoft’s worst day on Wall Street since 2009. Here’s the ad:
AdExchanger takes a look at how industry folk are reacting to the AOL / Publicis partnership.
Ogilvy is E*TRADE’s new agency of record.
Here’s Ad Age’s 2013 Hispanic “fact pack.”
Delta is hosting a cooking contest to determine who will be a chef on its new culinary team. Challenges will be filmed and promoted via Delta and Food & Wine.
The Miami Heat said goodbye to Mike Miller in full-page ads in Florida newspapers.
Keep America Beautiful made a new campaign with the Ad Council called “I Want to be Recycled.”
Previously on Business Insider Advertising:
- Did You Notice These 22 Companies Changed Their Logos In 2013?
- 6 Amazing Ads Directors Made Before They Were Famous
- This Innovative Lexus 2014 Ad Was Made By 212 Instagrammers
- This Hugely Famous Model Is So Heavily Photoshopped in Calvin Klein’s New Ads She’s Unrecognizable
- Heineken’s Great Marketing Stunt Gave travellers Free Flights To Random Destinations
- One Of These Ads Will Win The Emmy For Best Commercial Of The Year
- The Locket App Will Pay You Just For Using Your Phone
- Mercedes Created A Pretentious Ad To Promote Its New, Top Of The Line Sedan
NOW WATCH: Briefing videos
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.