- Michelle Rodriguez defended Liam Neeson while attending the amfAR Gala in New York on Wednesday.
- Earlier this week, an interview was published in The Independent, in which Neeson told a reporter about wanting to kill a “black b——” in revenge for his friend’s rape.
- Rodriguez said that Neeson isn’t a racist because of the way he kissed Viola Davis in the 2018 film “Widows.”
- Neeson and Davis play husband and wife in the Steve McQueen drama.
Michelle Rodriguez defended Liam Neeson’s comment about wanting to kill a “black b——” in revenge for his friend’s rape by saying that the actor can’t be racist because of the way he kissed Viola Davis is “Widows.”
While attending the amfAR Gala in New York on Wednesday, Rodriguez defended Neeson against being labelled a racist to Vanity Fair.
“Liam Neeson is not a racist,” she told the publication. “Dude, have you watched ‘Widows?’ His tongue was so far down Viola Davis’s throat. You can’t call him a racist ever. Racists don’t make out with the race that they hate, especially in the way he does with his tongue – so deep down her throat.”
Neeson and Davis play husband and wife in the Steve McQueen drama that was released last year.
“I don’t care how good of an actor you are. It’s all bulls—,” Rodriguez told Vanity Fair. “Ignore it. He’s not a racist. He’s a loving man. It’s all lies.”
INSIDER has contacted spokespeople for Rodriguez and Davis for comment.
Meanwhile, Liam Neeson appeared on ABC’s “Good Morning America” on Tuesday to defend himself against claims that he was racist.
The Independent’s recent interview with the action star went viral earlier this week. In the interview, Neeson told a reporter about a close friend who was raped 40 years ago by a black man.
He said he “went out deliberately – and to black areas in the city – looking to be set upon. So that I could unleash physical violence.”
He told GMA host Robin Roberts that he was “shocked” to have such “horrible feelings.”
- Read more:
- People are condemning Liam Neeson’s reaction to his friend’s alleged rape as racist – but some are applauding him
- Liam Neeson insists he’s not racist in the wake of his comments about wanting to kill black people for revenge: ‘I did seek help, I went to a priest’
- Liam Neeson said he once hoped to kill ‘some black b——-‘ after his friend said she was raped by a black man
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.