- Michelle Obama wore a pair of $US3,900 Balenciaga boots to an interview with Sarah Jessica Parker Wednesday night.
- The thigh-high boots are covered in shiny gold sequins.
- She paired the boots with a long yellow silk shirt dress.
- The event, at Brooklyn’s Barclay’s Center, was the final stop of Obama’s book tour for the year.
Michele Obama caused jaws to drop Wednesday night when she wore a stunning pair of thigh-high boots to a book tour event with Sarah Jessica Parker.
The gold sequin-covered boots are from Balenciaga’s Spring 2019 collection and currently retail at $US3,900. They have a 4.3-inch heel and are made in Italy.
She paired the look with a long silk shirt dress from the same brand.
Valerie Jarret, former senior adviser to President Barack Obama, attended the event and was just as awed as the rest of the world by the boots.
“Well, I have never seen boots like this before. Have you? Love that @MichelleObama chose these for her last stop on her 2018 #IAmBecoming book tour in Brooklyn, NY,” Jarret tweeted.
“Michelle Obama and these boots ain’t playing with y’all,”another Twitter user wrote.
— Valerie Jarrett (@ValerieJarrett) December 20, 2018
PAPER Magazine tweeted that Obama “could curb stomp me in those @BALENCIAGA boots.”
The sold-out event, at Brooklyn’s Barclay’s Center, was the final stop of the former first lady’s book tour for 2018.
Obama will resume her tour in February, starting in Tacoma, Washington. So far, her 2019 tour dates run through May 12 in Nashville, Tennessee.
- Read more about Michelle Obama:
- People are obsessing over Michelle Obama’s hair on the cover of Essence
- Michelle Obama jokes that Barack wanted to seek a second term so he could keep their daughters under Secret Service guard in their teen years
- Michelle Obama and Jimmy Fallon surprised people in the 30 Rock elevators, and their reactions were priceless
- Michelle Obama has her own playlist she uses during photoshoots, and it features Michael Jackson and Kendrick Lamar
- 25 things we learned from Michelle Obama’s new memoir ‘Becoming’