Mexico has captured the country’s most wanted outstanding drug Lord, Servando “La Tuta” Gomez, police said on Friday.
Gomez is the leader of the Knights Templar cartel.
Gomez was the prime target of President Enrique Pena Nieto’s drive to regain control of Michoacan, a violent western state wracked by clashes between the Knights Templar and heavily-armed vigilantes trying to oust them.
(Reporting by Reuters Pictures and Anahi Rama)
More from Reuters:
- Novartis lung cancer drug gets EU recommendation
- Going to the game? Pack earplugs and lose the vuvuzela, WHO says
- Mexico nabs most wanted drug kingpin, Servando ‘La Tuta’ Gomez
- Lesotho prepares for early vote in bid to ease political crisis
- Sanofi diabetes drug Toujeo wins European green light
NOW WATCH: Briefing videos
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.