- Actress Lana Condor wore a pink tulle down designed by Giambattista Valli Couture to the 2019 Met Gala on Monday.
- The dress was so large that the “To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before” actress lost her purse in it, according to an Instagram story from Eva Chen.
- Riverdale actor Charles Melton went underneath their table to locate the bag in the layers of Condor’s massive dress.
- Visit INSIDER’s homepage for more stories.
When seeing stars walk the red carpet for the Met Gala in multi-tiered hats and over-the-top ball gowns with car-length trains, one can’t help but ask – how do they sit down to dinner in these outfits?
Such elaborate get-ups apparently do present problems for the annual costume event’s A-list attendees. Just ask actress Lana Condor, who lost her purse in her voluminous pink tulle gown by Giambattista Valli Couture.
On Monday night, Eva Chen, Instagram’s director of of fashion partnerships, posted photos to her story showing the “To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before” actress struggling to locate her purse within the layers of her dress:
“True story: @lanacondor’s dress was so big she lost her purse in it,” Chen wrote. “We literally had to call it and she had to see if she could feel it vibrating.”
Luckily, “Riverdale” actor Charles Melton was nearby and ready to led a hand.
“SUCH A GENTLEMAN! @melton used his flashlight and went under the table to find this for @lanacondor,” Chen added.
- Read more:
- Katie Holmes and Jamie Foxx attended the Met Gala together, appearing to confirm their relationship after years of speculation
- The best memes and jokes from the 2019 Met Gala
- Lady Gaga opened the Met Gala by changing out of a giant pink dress down to a bra and tights, wearing a total of 4 outfits on the red carpet
- Karl Lagerfeld made Anna Wintour’s feathered Met Gala dress before he died
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.