- Joe Biden’s daughter and one of his grandchildren attended inauguration events in menswear looks.
- Maisy Biden, his granddaughter, wore sneakers with both a pantsuit and dress on Wednesday.
- His daughter Ashley Biden opted for a tuxedo and pointed heels.
- Visit Insider’s homepage for more stories.
During the Inauguration ceremony and parade-route walk on Wednesday, Biden’s granddaughter Maisy Biden was photographed wearing a dark suit jacket, matching flare pants, and a turtleneck sweater. The outfit, which also included a black mask and leather gloves, contrasted the vibrant dresses worn by her sisters.
Maisy completed her three-piece look with a pair of unreleased Air Jordan 1 Mid sneakers, which are meant to “pay homage to sisterhood and the intertwined concepts of strength and beauty,” according to Nike’s website.
She later changed into a pink $US1,575 Rodarte gown, which had ruffled sleeves, a rose-embellished neckline, and an all-over heart print. Her shoes, however, were another pair of high-top Nike sneakers, similar to ones she wore earlier in the day.
The president’s daughter, Ashley Biden, rocked a tuxedo during the evening festivities. Her look included an open blazer, straight-leg pants, an unfurled tie, and a white blouse. She also donned a standout pair of black pointed pumps with a gold strap.
People can’t get enough of the menswear looks worn by Maisy and Ashley, with some people online dubbing them “style icons.”
Ashley Biden in a suit— bow tie undone! is my new obsession.
Women in suits stays being superior dressing. pic.twitter.com/SUGUw6tEdE
— Kelsey (@keIseylr) January 21, 2021
Maisy Biden just showed up to the Inauguration in Jordan’s and a badass pantsuit. I love the new US First Family already…
— Adriana Gabriella (@_adrigabriella) January 20, 2021
Ashley Biden in a tux. I’m dead. Deceased. ✨ STYLE ICON ✨ pic.twitter.com/xo3sr5Gfcj
— Amelia ???????? (@amyisabellaxox) January 21, 2021
just everything about this yes. the fits? yes. ashley in a tux? YES. MAISY WEARING SNEAKERS??? YESSS https://t.co/G9RLf41AV2
— tam???? (@notyouryellow_) January 21, 2021
The menswear-inspired outfits were two of numerous stylish looks worn by Biden and Kamala Harris’ family members on Wednesday. Monochromatic ensembles, stunning coats, and other rare sneakers were also popular among the new first family.
- Read more:
- Kamala Harris, Hillary Clinton, and Elizabeth Warren all wore purple for Inauguration Day, likely as a sign of bipartisanship
- Here’s what former first ladies wore on Joe Biden’s Inauguration Day, from stylish jackets to symbolic suits
- Joe Biden and Kamala Harris’ family members had some of the best style moments of Inauguration Day
- Melania Trump arrived in Florida wearing a $US3,700 orange dress after leaving the White House in an all-black look
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.