- Melinda Major, a paralegal from Nashville, Tennessee, had a nightmare trip to Memphis, Tennessee recently.
- When she woke up in her hotel room on Friday there was a snake on her arm.
- Major said on Facebook that she is very, very scared of snakes and threw the animal across the room.
- According to CNN, a spokesperson for the Hampton Inn Walnut Grove said that the incident did in fact happen, and “everything has been resolved.”
- Visit INSIDER’s homepage for more stories.
Melinda Major, a paralegal from Nashville, Tennessee, had quite the rude awakening on a recent trip to Memphis, Tennessee.
In a Facebook post, Major said she felt something brush up on her side and, at first, she believed it to be her husband. Then she remembered she was travelling alone for an appointment. She opened her eyes and saw a snake – and she was not happy.
“I freaking flipped out!” she wrote “Talk about my ninja skills coming out…I threw that sucker across the bed against the headboard and stayed on top of the desk until the manager got there to get it!”
Major explained in her post that she is very, very scared of snakes.
“I’m not scared of many things, but snakes, I can’t handle! Can’t deal with them…can’t even look at pictures of them,” she wrote. “I won’t be sleeping for a while after this!”
Speaking to CNN, a spokesperson for the Hampton Inn Walnut Grove, where Major stayed, confirmed that the incident happened and that “everything has been resolved.”
Major said that the hotel staff responded quickly after the called the front desk for help. She told CNN that they not only removed her from the situation but also brought in pest control for additional help.
“They did compensate my room, so they took care of me,” Major told Fox 13 of the Hampton Inn staff. “They were very nice to me.”
She told CNN that she would “most definitely” go back to the hotel, where she has stayed previously.
- Read more:
- A child is ‘totally unfazed’ after being bitten by a 5-foot-long snake that crawled into his home
- A man was bitten in the face by a snake, and the horrifying moment was captured on a doorbell cam
- A snake struggled to escape from an alligator’s jaw – and the pictures are amazing
- Bystanders teamed up to help a giant 10-foot-long snake cross the road in Brazil
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.