- Melania Trump is currently on a visit to the UK, where she’s been wearing several British-inspired ensembles.
- She left Washington, DC, on Sunday wearing a Gucci printed dress covered with British landmarks.
- She opted for a blouse by British design house Burberry while landing in the UK on Monday.
- Melania then channeled Meghan Markle and Princess Diana in a Dolce and Gabbana dress that looked similar to outfits they had previously worn.
- The first lady also wore an $US8,340 caped gown by Givenchy, as well as two trench coats.
- Visit INSIDER’s homepage for more stories.
All eyes have been on President Donald Trump and his family since they landed in the UK on Monday – and especially on Melania Trump, who has opted to wear a number of seemingly British-inspired ensembles during her stay.
The first lady left Washington, DC, on Sunday wearing a $US4,400 Gucci dress that was covered in British monuments like Big Ben, Tower Bridge, and double-decker buses.
Melania gave another nod to the UK by arriving on Monday in a £650 ($822.22 USD) pussy-bow blouse by British design house Burberry with a print featuring military medals.
For a meeting with the Queen later that day, she channeled famously stylish royals in a Dolce & Gabbana ensemble.
Her white body con dress with navy blue trim was reminiscent of ensembles worn previously by Meghan Markle in June 2018 and Princess Diana in May 1986.
She took a slight break from British-inspired fashion while attending a state banquet Monday evening. She wore a custom sleeveless Dior gown with matching long gloves and an illusion neckline.
On Tuesday, she opted for a camel trench coat by Celine while attending a meeting with British Prime Minister Theresa May and her husband Philip.
Though she went with a French designer, the trench coat is often associated with British fashion as design houses Burberry and Aquascutum are widely considered the first to popularise the classic style.
On Tuesday evening, she seemed to turn to Markle again for more style inspiration during a dinner at Winfield House. She wore an $US8,340 red caped gown that was designed by Clare Waight Keller for Givenchy, the same designer behind Markle’s wedding gown.
She returned to a classic trench coat look on Wednesday for commemorations for the 75th Anniversary of the D-Day landings at Southsea Common in Portsmouth. Melania wore a white belted jacket by Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen’s label, The Row. She managed to add a touch of British flair by pairing it with a white hat by royal-favourite milliner, Philip Treacy.
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.