- Mel B said she had sex with Geri Halliwell while the Spice Girls were still together.
- “It’s a fact. It just happened and we just giggled at it and that was it,” she told Piers Morgan in an interview.
- Halliwell left the Spice Girls in 1998, reportedly because she clashed with Mel B.
- The two are participating in a Spice Girls reunion tour this year.
Mel B said she had sex with her fellow Spice Girl Geri Halliwell while they were touring together.
The “America’s Got Talent” judge, whose real name is Melanie Brown, made the comments on “Life Stories,” an upcoming British TV show hosted by Piers Morgan. A clip was aired by ITV’s “Good Morning Britain,” also hosted by Piers, on Monday.
In the interview, Morgan asked Brown about a rumoured relationship with Halliwell. “Did or didn’t you sleep with Geri Halliwell?” he asked. “Did you sleep with her?”
“Yeah, we all slept in a bed together,” Brown said. “But not ‘like that’ all of us.”
Morgan pressed on, asking if she slept with Halliwell “like that.” Brown nodded, smiled, and wiggled her eyebrows.
“She’s going to hate me for this because she’s all posh in her country house and her husband. But it’s a fact. It just happened and we just giggled at it and that was it,” she said. “I’ve said it now. All done. She’s going to kill me and so is her husband. She’s not that posh now, is she?”
Brown has spoken before about her sexuality. She was previously in a relationship with a woman for five years.
“You fall in love with whoever you fall in love with. I just don’t have a preference,” she told Morgan. “I had a great experience with a woman for five years and that showed me that there are other options out there.”
Halliwell left the Spice Girls in 1998, reportedly over a power struggle with Brown. But the two are scheduled to play a reunion tour across the United Kingdom this year. She married Christian Horner, a Formula One racer, in 2015.
Melanie Chisholm – AKA Mel C – was in the audience during Morgan’s questioning of Brown. She was surprised at the revelation that Brown and Halliwell had sex.
“I don’t know anything,” she said. “I don’t. This is all new to me.”
Brown said it happened just once.
“Maybe with a lady that’s a friend,” she said. “It just happens one time, you talk about it and it doesn’t really happen again.”
A representative for Halliwell did not immediately respond to INSIDER’s request for comment.
- Read more:
- Mel B says Lady Gaga and Bradley Cooper’s intimate Oscar performance made her ‘uncomfortable’
- The Spice Girls are officially going on tour, without Victoria Beckham – here are all the details
- Former Spice Girl Mel B. threw a drink at Simon Cowell and stormed off ‘America’s Got Talent’
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.