- Meghan Markle and Prince Harry welcomed their first baby boy on Monday morning.
- People gathered in front of Windsor Castle with festive balloons and decorations to celebrate the royal baby.
- People also congregated outside the gates of Buckingham Palace to celebrate.
- London’s BT Tower also marked the occasion, displaying the words “it’s a baby boy.”
- Visit INSIDER’s homepage for more stories.
Markle and Prince Harry welcomed their first baby on Monday morning, and people from all over were excited to celebrate the arrival of the newest royal baby.
The couple announced that they had a baby boy via their official Instagram account on Monday, and people were gathered around Windsor Castle to celebrate the exciting news.
A unofficial town crier announced the birth with a scroll and ringing of a bell.
Crowds lined the streets of Windsor with festive balloons and celebratory decorations.
The excited public spread joy with “welcome baby” balloons and Union Jack flags.
Members of the media also gathered on the castle’s grounds to report the news. Harry confirmed in a short statement that he and Markle are planning on doing a photo call with the baby in two days’ time on Wednesday.
People swarmed the entrance of Buckingham Palace after the announcement of the birth.
Some took selfies in front of the iconic palace to mark the momentous occasion.
London’s BT Tower marked the occasion by displaying the words, “it’s a baby boy,” as seen here in a photo shared by Royal Central.
— Royal Central (@RoyalCentral) May 6, 2019
However, perhaps nobody was more excited about the royal baby’s arrival than his father, Prince Harry, who couldn’t stop smiling as he talked about his “very healthy boy.”