- In a recent report, Vanity Fair details the life of Meghan Markle before she married Prince Harry and became a duchess.
- An anonymous Hollywood source cited in the article claims that Markle once held a “Sayonara Zara” party as she was rising to fame.
- During the party, Markle supposedly gave away her old, inexpensive clothing to guests.
- While it appears that Markle has not worn Zara since becoming royalty, her sister-in-law Kate Middleton frequently wears pieces from the brand.
The British royals are surprisingly savvy shoppers. Not only do they re-wear outfits to royal outings, but members of the family often borrow accessories from one another. Of course, that doesn’t mean that the monarchy doesn’t appreciate expensive designer looks on occasion.
In a recent report by Vanity Fair, an anonymous Hollywood source claims that Meghan Markle once celebrated her rise to fame with a “Sayonara Zara” party.
During the party, Markle supposedly gave away her old, inexpensive clothes to guests, making room for the newer and pricier options she could then afford.
The supposed party was named after a popular clothing store
The name “Sayonara Zara” appears to make reference to Zara, a clothing brand known for its affordable-yet-fashionable options. And according to the McKinsey Global Fashion Index,the retailer is so popular that it completely dominated the fashion industry in 2018.
But while Zara is accessible to a wide range of shoppers, celebrities still seem to appreciate what the brand has to offer.Kim Kardashian has said that she frequently shops at Zara, while Melania Trump wore one of the most memorable – and controversial – looks of the year when she chose to wear a graphic jacket from the company in June.
Markle appears to have ditched clothes from Zara since entering the royal family
Since her engagement to Prince Harry was announced, nearly every outfit worn by Markle has been analysed and documented by fans and media outlets.
But while Markle has attended royal outings wearing everything from inexpensive clothing to eco-friendly brands, the Duchess of Sussex does not appear to have worn Zara in recent months.
Of course, Markle may have been a fan of Zara before entering the royal family.
However, Kate Middleton frequently wears Zara clothing
From 2011 up until this year, Middleton has worn clothing from Zara on at least 15 different occasions. While she seems to especially love the brand’s jeans, the duchess has also donned bright white blazers, a red peacoat, and a smock-style dress from the retailer.
Most recently, the Duchess of Cambridge was spotted wearing a $US70 striped dress from Zara while attending the Maserati Royal Charity Polo Trophy in June.
- Read more:
- Meghan Markle’s 30 best outfits of 2018
- Kate Middleton and Meghan Markle gave a glimpse of their different festive styles as they arrived for the Queen’s annual Christmas lunch
- Meghan Markle’s floral dress is one of her most memorable maternity looks yet
- 10 times the royals broke their own protocol in 2018
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.