- Kate Middleton and Meghan Markle watched the Wimbledon women’s singles final on Saturday.
- The Duchess of Cambridge’s sister, Pippa Middleton, also joined them in the Royal Box.
- Markle, the Duchess of Sussex, is close friends with finalist Serena Williams.
- Visit INSIDER’s homepage for more stories.
As Serena Williams and Simona Halep faced off in the women’s singles final of Wimbledon on Saturday, they had some very special guests watching from the Royal Box.
Kate Middleton and Meghan Markle, the Duchesses of Cambridge and Sussex, attended the women’s final match, as they did last year.
It’s not uncommon for British royalty to attend the finals matches at Wimbledon, and Kate is a patron of the tournament.
But Markle’s attendance was doubly special in that she is close friends with finalist Williams.
Also joining the royal sisters-in-law for the final was Pippa Middleton, Kate’s younger sister.
Kate matched the grass courts in an emerald green tea dress, while Meghan echoed the players’ all-white dress code with a crisp button-down paired with a pleated white and blue skirt.
- Read more:
- Serena Williams said she ‘didn’t know there was negative media’ surrounding Meghan Markle’s Wimbledon appearance
- The man who was told off by Meghan Markle’s security at Wimbledon says he was ‘much more interested in getting a video of Roger Federer’
- A man got in trouble for taking a photo of Meghan Markle at Wimbledon, but he was actually just taking a selfie
- Meghan Markle appeared to break Wimbledon’s strict dress code just 2 days after Kate Middleton followed it perfectly
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.